Check back Soon!
The Oregon Bee Project is dedicated to finding solutions to the problems facing pollinators that work for Oregon. Soon Oregon will release a strategic plan documenting pollinator protection initiatives. We are excited to share the ways in which state agencies are working together to maintain and enhance bee health.
Components of this plan include:
- Pollinator friendly resources including plant lists and land management guidelines
- Collecting input from farmers and community members about what bee-friendly practices are currently being implemented and if there is a need for marketing opportunities to promote these products.
- Outreach events designed to highlight Oregon bee species and the need for increased monitoring in the state
- New research identifying key native pollinators of Oregon crops
- Funds for bee research and outreach generated by apiary registration and pesticide registration fees
- New state-specific voluntary guidelines for beekeepers, pesticide applicators, and landowners to reduce pesticide exposure to bees.
- New materials to help educate pesticide applicators and landowners about pesticide exposure to pollinating insects.