1. THIS WEEK IN PICTURES
2. NATIONAL POLLINATOR WEEK RESOURCES
National Pollinator Week is upon us and starts tomorrow at the Oregon Zoo and Hoyt Arboretum. You can see the events happening this week at the following link.
If you are doing events, here are some resources to help you.
- If you are tabling this year you will be getting pictures of seven different bees in order to do the “which bee are you most like” activity. These images of bees have crib notes on the back of the images, allowing you to learn as you go. Here is a short video of Portland survey team leader Bonnie Shoffner illustrating how to do this activity.
- We do have seed packets that were produced in conjunction with Oregon Flora. If you need some seed packets after this week for an event, let us know. We can also supply you with lots and lost of postcards.
- Most of your groups have displays of insect specimens to show the public. Here is a link to a short working document on how to talk about those collections.
3. HOW-IS-THE-ATLAS-DOING - THE SURVEY (REMINDER)?
Just a reminder, here is a short survey to figure out where the Atlas is doing well and falling short. It should take 5 min to complete. Start the survey by pressing this link.